Dear Precious Friends,
Today is Palm Sunday... Please listen to this song before reading below.
Jeremy Camp: Give me Jesus
On this Passion or Palm Sunday, as we begin this Holy Week, may we constantly be reminded of its significance and value for our lives today. That very important day in history, when Jesus began His journey towards the cross.
My heart is broken over the recent statistics about liquor sales being at an all time high, people are indulging in wrong things.. pornography subscriptions are at an all time high... We are living in evil days... This virus is evil... I can't bear the thought of what is happening in New York and New Jersey yet we are called to pray, help however we can...
We are called to pray for our friends and family who have contracted this terrible disease... support those in need... Do what we can with the resources we have.
Ephesians 5:15-20 gives us exact instructions of how we are to conduct ourselves!
It is quite possible in the midst of what is going on with the Corona Virus and the media message, in all of the upcoming thoughts about Easter, the real meaning of it may, even unintentionally, get missed.
WE ARE REMINDED OF THE GIFT OF TIME AND NOT TO BE FOOLS AND WASTE IT DOING WRONG THINGS.
LIFE IS PRECIOUS. We must be accountable to the Lord for living a life that honors Him...
God's voice is roaring!!!
We have so much to be grateful for this week. The enemy knows that, and you can bet, he's going to do everything he can to try and distract us away from the true meaning of what this Holy Week means. Don't let him win.
In this Holy Week, may God direct our thoughts and attention towards what matters most, Jesus Christ our King...
Let's choose to focus on worshipping our Lord, thanking Him for the gift of His sacrifice, celebrating the power of the Resurrection, and the new life found in Him alone. Grace. "Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!" 2 Cor. 9:15
Here are some amazing truths revealed through
His Word in every part of this story. Truths that draw us closer towards Christ, reminding us that He alone is King...
5 Things about Palm Sunday that Remind Us Christ is King
1. God's Word tells us the people cut palm branches and waved them in the air, laid them out on the ground before Jesus as He rode into the city. The palm branch represented goodness and victory and was symbolic of the final victory He would soon fulfill over death.
“O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” 1 Cor. 15:55
2. Jesus chose to ride in on a donkey, which directly fulfilled Old Testament prophecy of Zech. 9:9. In Biblical times, it was common for kings or important people to arrive by a procession riding on a donkey. The donkey symbolized peace, so those who chose to ride them showed that they came with peaceful intentions. Jesus even then reminded us that He is the Prince of Peace.
"Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey." Zech. 9:9
3. When the people shouted "Hosanna!" they were hailing Christ as King. That word actually means "save now," and though in their own minds they waited for an earthly king, God had a different way in mind of bringing true salvation to all who would trust in Him.
"Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD!" Ps. 118:26
"If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Rom. 10:9
4. The Bible says that Jesus wept for Jerusalem. In the midst of the praise of the moment, He knew in His heart that it wouldn't be long that these same people would turn their backs on Him, betray Him, and crucify Him. His heart broke with the reality of how much they needed a Savior.
"As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it, and said, "If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace--but now it is hidden from your eyes." Luke 19:41-42
5. Palm Sunday reminds us that the reign of Christ is far greater than any the mind of man could ever conceive or plan. Man looked for someone to fight their battles in the present day world. Yet God had the ultimate plan of sending His Son to fight the final battle over death. This is the greatness of why we celebrate this week. Because of Christ's ultimate sacrifice, we can be set free of death.
"Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,'"John 11
Palm Sunday reminds us that the reign of Christ is far greater than any the mind of man could ever conceive or plan. Man looked for someone to fight his battles in the present world. Yet, God had the ultimate plan of sending His son to fight the final battle over death.
This is the greatness of why we celebrate this week. Because of Christ’s ultimate sacrifice, we can be set free from death. We have so much to be GRATEFUL FOR to God for this week.
The enemy knows that, and you can bet, he is going to do everything he can to try and distract us from the true meaning of what this Holy Week means. Do not therefore let him win.
In this Holy week, may God direct our thoughts and attention towards what matters most, Jesus Christ our King! Let us choose to focus on worshiping the Lord, thanking Him for the gift of His sacrifice, celebrating the power of Resurrection, and the new life found in Him alone. May the peace of the Lord which passes all human understanding continue to be with us now and forever more-Amen.
Below I've posted an amazing reminder of some things we can fast from. We still have this week to continue our Lent observance and fast from things that are necessary.
I believe Pope Francis was very wise with how we should fast so I'm asking all of us in Reflections to fast from all the things on this list.
*CALL TO ACTION: PLEASE JOIN ME IN THESE AMAZING FASTING SUGGESTIONS... IF WE ALL DO THIS WHAT AN AMAZING COMMUNITY WE WILL HAVE .... !!!
IF YOU ARE IN: COMMENT BELOW... I AM ALL IN~~~
LET'S BELIEVE GOD WILL DO A GREAT MIRACLE FOR OUR WORLD THIS EASTER SUNDAY!
Palm Sunday Bible Verses
Matthew 21:1-11 - Jesus Comes to Jerusalem as King
Zechariah 9:9 - Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion! Shout, Daughter Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.
John 12:12-19 - The next day the great crowd that had come for the festival heard that Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem. They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting, “Hosanna! ” “Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”“Blessed is the king of Israel!” Jesus found a young donkey and sat on it, as it is written: “Do not be afraid, Daughter Zion; see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey’s colt.”
Luke 19:11-44 - “Go to the village ahead of you, and as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. If anyone asks you, ‘Why are you untying it?’ say, ‘The Lord needs it.’ ” Those who were sent ahead went and found it just as he had told them. As they were untying the colt, its owners asked them, “Why are you untying the colt?” They replied, “The Lord needs it.” They brought it to Jesus, threw their cloaks on the colt and put Jesus on it. As he went along, people spread their cloaks on the road. When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen: “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!”
“Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”