Dear Precious Warriors,
On this TGIFF I needed to be reminded of the truth of this so as usual, I am sharing what I need to hear.
Someone shared with me yesterday about a friend of theirs who had the same cancer as Rick with the same stage and the "M" word (I am not saying these words because we have claimed healing over him and I am not going there).... however, the friend of theirs got their cancer back and it is in final stage.
SO what started to happen to me? Fear, worry, doubt, panic, anxiety;
These are strong and heavy emotions that we all have faced before. For some, overcoming fear comes easy. But for others, it seems like the weight of these feelings can become completely overwhelming, almost causing a virtual suffocation.
I’ve been there, where it seems like you’re drowning in your thoughts and it’s as though you’re completely overpowered with defeat. An intangible struggle that only delivers a complete breakdown of your faculties. But the good news? When we don’t have the power in ourselves to overcome fear, we have a God who does.
DON'T JUST SKIM BY THESE WORDS...
WHEN WE DON'T HAVE THE POWER IN OURSELVES TO OVERCOME FEAR, WE HAVE A GOD WHO DOES!!!!
What makes us forget who we are in Christ? Is it the cares of life? The devil? Or just our own preoccupation with looking like everybody else?
The truth is, our identity as believers should be so evident and strong that it forever brands us as “Faith Warriors.” As followers of Christ, our resemblance to Jesus should be an eternal reminder of who we are as God’s children.
I’ve shared with you many times about the power of speaking scripture over our lives. Turning scripture into prayers is two-fold; you are consistently studying, speaking Christ’s word over your life and your family's life and also being bold through His truths. You can never fail when you’re using God’s word as a marker to live by! Put your name in these scriptures:
For God has not given "Roxane"...put in your name..._______ the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Tim 1:7
10 Scriptures for Overcoming Fear
1. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. – 2 Timothy 1:7
2. Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. – Isaiah 41:10
3. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. – 1 John 4:18
4. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? – Psalms 27:1
5. What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me. – Psalms 56:3-4
6. For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. – Romans 8:15
7. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this [will] I [be] confident. – Psalms 27:3
8. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. – Psalms 23:4
9. Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. – Deuteronomy 31:6
10. I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. – Psalms 34:4
When we can’t overcome fear, we have a God who can! Use these scriptures to help overcome fear!
Whatever life throws at us, know that Christ has provided a way of escape. His love has shown us time and time again that He knows and He cares.
Print these scriptures out and use them as that lamp unto your feet and light unto your path. Stand in faith, and courage, that God is on your side!
Perhaps you’re looking around today, and everybody else seems to be wavering. But the Lord is calling you to be a Faith Warrior He wants you to confidently say, “If God said it, then that settles it. I don’t care what things looks like. I don’t care what people are saying. I’m trusting in God’s Word and releasing my faith.”
Friend, God wants us to be Faith Warriors today. Express your need to God and let Him answer you. Believe His promises and make them a daily confession from your lips. When we put our faith in Jesus, nothing can stop us....